Saturday, March 1, 2008

Remembering Amsterdam

So I'm getting ready for my trip to Hong Kong and Thailand. Although I'm a week early, I get excited and start packing right away. I like to take my time making sure I have the right stuff coming with me. And on this trip, I gotta make sure I don't pack too much of the right stuff or else I'll be pulling a heavy suitcase.

Years ago, with an ex, I took so much stuff. The poor guy carried most of it up hills and all around town. He had the strength but years later I realized that he might have been cursing me out under his breath as he walked with all my things. I learned alot from my travels with him. And now I am a much better traveler. I appreciate it more.

I was just remembering our trip to Amsterdam back in 06. First we stopped off in Belgium to see family and friends, then we took off and headed on a train to Amsterdam. When we got to Holland, it was snowing. It put a smile on my face. I stood there and stared all around me. Wow, look at this place. What I was seeing was the train station. I hadn't yet gone out to see the real Amsterdam yet. But I was impressed as soon as I got off the train.

So while we got ourselves settled, we walked around, shopped, ate, saw a comedy show then headed to bed. That was one day of non stop activities. Then the next day we went out again. We walked down to the red light district and I heard some guy ask us if we wanted to see some %ucking. OH MY VIRGIN EARS! Well, my virgin Amsterdam ears. I got sick all of a sudden and said to the guy, "Ahh we'll come back later!" Of course we didn't. Why we didn't, well that's another story. A story that I will not tell.

But the trip, overall was good.